A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Give a guy a break

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Give a guy a break

Let me start by saying, if you can help me out, I am in your debt, because I might actually get to sleep instead of searching for answers through the night. This is my first post on this forum so I am hoping someone has an answer

in a 2008 a4, 2.0, quattro, manual tranny. A few weeks ago, started having problems with acceleration, basically felt like fuel cut off, release accelerator or downshift, everything back to normal. I know I know, cam follower. However, never had check engine light.

Then was put into the hospital and had emergency surgery on my hand with a septic infection. Yes fun stuff.

Long story short, I started working on the car a few days ago. Car was running, still no check engine light. I replaced the fuel filter, coil packs, and spark plugs. That was my starting point. Sat down, turned the key, everything starts right up. Turned it off to put the engine cover back on, sit back down to pull out of the garage, and nothing. Car will crank but will not start. And yes, we checked the battery charge.

So, I check the fuel filter, fuel is moving freely through it. Check the line coming into the hpfp, and i have fuel delivered to at least that point.

Pulled the spark plugs, and I dont see or smell evidence of fuel moving through any of them.

I even went as far as to put the original spark plugs and coil packs back on, but to no avail.

I have removed the battery terminals, hoping that maybe i just needed to clear something, but nothing. It was a stretch i know.

Any advice is welcome, I have been trolling forums for days now, and I cannot find anything that seems to be an answer. Also keep in mind my nearest Audi dealer is Nashville, and towing it there is not a reasonable answer.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am guessing here, but have you checked for any popped fuses? Do you hear the fuel pump prime when you open the drivers door? This reads like the coil packs are not providing spark and if none of them are there must be something before them out a whack. Wish I could be of more help.