A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Details on my Buy-To-Order car program. If you are looking for a used A4, please see inside.

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 07:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Details on my Buy-To-Order car program. If you are looking for a used A4, please see inside.

Hi all, sorry about the second semi-spam post after my recent warranty post. But now that over 20 people on AW have cars that I got for them, and no one has threatened to kill me yet as a result, I've decided to roll out my Buy-To-Order program below. As usual, if you have any questions not answered below, feel free to call (856-912-2600) or email me (brucem105@comcast.net).

This program is for used cars only, obviously, as I am not a franchised new-car dealer. And I can not perform miracles (yet); no "barn finds", no "$40,000 mint car for $20,000", and if they only made two of them in the world I probably can't find it either. But I do get really nice cars, to your specifications, at very good prices. So you'll get a great car for a great price. Most of all, though, the worry of "was it hit?", "was it painted?", "is something wrong with it that's not disclosed?", "is the price fair?", and all the other usual hassles and worries when buying a used car are eliminated in this program. I may not be a genius, but I am honest and I do the right thing by my customers.

I can get any make and model, not just Audis, so if you are looking for a non-Audi (blasphemy, I know), I can help you. And there's usually enough to be saved that distance is not a problem, as I also get great rates on transport anywhere in the USA.

So here it is:

Here's a little about me:
I have been involved in buying, collecting, restoring, and selling cars for over 20 years. I specialize in German marques and exotics, but am versed reasonably well in just about anything. I am a licensed car dealer in New Jersey (Becks Imports LLC, 2345 Highway 9, Toms River, NJ 08755, DMV LIC# 03476U), bonded, and fully insured. I own the dealership. I buy about 90% of my cars to order for customers looking for specific vehicles, and 10% just because it's something I like, want to drive for a while, and then sell. I also offer complete mechanical & cosmetic repairs and restorations. Finally, I can provide discounted parts, accessories, transport, and extended warranties. My advice, usually long-winded, is free.

I can provide over 100 references from people that have purchased cars from me, and all are very happy. I am active on the internet forums, car clubs, am a track driving instructor, and just set up a web site (www.becksimports.com). I am also active selling on ebay under the userID: mr-amazing-deals. I have excellent feedback on ebay, and an excellent reputation everywhere else. I work hard to make sure I deliver a great car at a fair price, and I always go above and beyond the call of duty to make sure my customers are happy. I am a "car guy" first, a dealer second, so I always can think as an enthusiast and deliver accordingly. The cars I buy are bought with my own money, sit in my driveway and garage, and I drive them all and know them all inside and out. No big lot where nobody knows anything, and no salespeople; there's just me.

Here's a little about the process:
We discuss the type of car you are interested in, and work up a range of years, colors, mileages, options, etc that would be a fit for you. We go over condition requirements, and anything that you would not accept in a car. From there, I send out my Buyer's Contract, and you review it and sign, as I do. I also send you a copy of my dealer license for your comfort as "Exhibit A". Then we create an "Exhibit B" that lists what I am going to get for you, and you leave a deposit equal to roughly 10% of the anticipated purchase price of the car.

From there, I go shopping for you. I look in all the normal places, but since I am a dealer I go to the off-lease and finance returns auctions for the largest banks, credit unions, auto finance companies, and dealers. These cars are released at dealer-only auctions, the largest being Manheim. Manheim has auctions all over the USA that I have access to, but luckily for me, their largest (by far) auction is in Manheim, PA, which is about 75 miles from my house! This means when I go there with your shopping list, I can physically inspect, test-drive, paint meter, VIN# check, and otherwise poke and prod the cars myself.

The Tuesday night before the high-line auction (it takes place every other Thursday), I send you a list of cars coming up that might be a fit. We go over the list, and narrow down to some possible candidates. I then go to the auction on Wednesday, the day before the auction, and look over the cars. I let you know condition and options, any flaws, and we then decide which cars, if any, are worth buying, and I go after the closest fit to your requirements up to your pre-determined purchase price.

Cost:
My fee is 5% above what I pay at the auction after auction fee, with a minimum fee of $1000. Dealers typically mark up their used cars 25%-35%, so you can see there is some serious money to be saved. On top of that, I am standing right next to the buyers from the franchised dealerships, bidding on the same cars. So there is NO difference between a car you'll get from me, and a car you'd get from a franchised dealer.....except the price. If you want or need anything else done to the car prior to delivery to you (or you are welcome to come and pick it up of course), like tires, detailing, extended warranty, transport, paintless dent removal, etc, I get that done for you as well and you pay what I pay plus 5% (and I get great rates due to how much business I do with my "network", so your prices are very good even after the 5% markup). Then you pay the balance for the car, and she's yours!

I can send you my agreement and a copy of my dealer license if you email me and are interested in working with me. Feel free to email or call with any questions, and again, if you have any reservations about buying sight-unseen or working with a shady used car dealer like myself, I'd be happy to give you references from many people that have done just that. No one has been disappointed. Remember that while I have a 10% deposit from you, I am paying the other 90% with my own money, so there is no way I am buying a lousy car that I might get stuck with.

Thanks for listening.

Bruce Mendel
Becks Imports LLC
856-912-2600 Cell
brucem105@comcast.net
Old 09-21-2008, 08:39 PM

Default Re: Details on my Buy-To-Order car program.

O.K. - thanks for the notice.

I may be contacting you soon because I have not been doing well in my search for an Avant - I am 'fussy.'
Old 09-21-2008, 08:42 PM
Banned

Fussy is my specialty.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Details on my Buy-To-Order car program. If you are looking for a used A4, please see inside.

If you come across anyone looking for 1973 MGB Roadster give me a holler, I have one that I'm getting ready to sell.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default What are you looking for in your avant?...

I'm looking for one too (I'm fussy as well) but think I may have found one.

Also, I may be looking to sell an older one.