A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

bose speaker grills

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bose speaker grills

i have the bose radio in my a4 but my speaker grills dont have anything that says so. i asked the dealership when i picked up my car and they said it comes like that. ok, so i havent thought much of it but i saw interior shot on another a4 and it looked like it had the bose on the grill. i know its not a big deal, but im just wondering if the dealership switched the grills on me. can anyone confirm if this is true or does it depend upon when the car was shipped?
Old 02-11-2006, 09:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default so they pulled the door cards from all 4 doors and removed the grilles then

ordered 4 new "non-bose" grilles and then melted the retainer tabs, just to fvck with you?

paranoia it happens to the best of us.

Likely possible explantions

you dont have the bose system, but think you do.

you have a bose coded head unit and non bose door cards with bose speakers attached to them.

you have a bose coded head unit and non bose door cards with non bose grilles because your car was mis-mfg'd in either Neckarsulm or Ingolstadt. Or perhaps during the door card MFG process the vendor made an error and installed non-bose grilles.

you have a sleaze-o dealer that swapped your door cards with another car's for unknown reasons.

There are other possibilities too.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:39 AM

Default Re: bose speaker grills

A number of A4's spec'ed with Bose were built without. Audi has bought back at least three that I know of. Maybe yours too?
Old 02-12-2006, 03:19 PM

Default Re: bose speaker grills

i have the bose system. My speaker grills have the audi and bose symbols.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:11 AM

Default You probably don't have a Bose system

The speaker grilles should have the Bose logo on them.

If you don't have it, and it was included in your agreement and/or on your window sticker, I'd demand a refund on the MSRP of the Bose system. (Perhaps the Bose can be installed at the dealer level, but I wonder about that.)
Old 02-14-2006, 08:13 PM

Default CALLED AUDI, GET THIS!!

apparently my car is not equipped with the bose even though it is specifically listed on my window sticker as "premium Bose sound system". When I call audi consumer care to sort out this whole mess and either demand a refund or some sort of compensation, the representative found the issue "very peculiar." She told me that if I have xm radio and nav plus(which I do), then my car would have bose.

Let's reiterate:
I have nav and xm radio
Window sticker states premium Bose sound $1000
No Bose upon boot up or on speaker grills
Audi care now confirms I do not have Bose

When I first called the dealership, the guy told me he has never heard of an issue like this in the 10 years he has been there. Consumer care said they have to research the issue and will be getting back to me tommorrow. I am keeping original window sticker and documentation very safe for any proof needed. Do you think they will order me a new car? I bought the car new in october and have about 6500 mi on it. Obviously having the dealer change anything on the audio would be out of question as it would void the warranty. Since this seems like such a rare issue I dont see it out of the realm of possibility to get a new car. Any thoughts or comments?