A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

2006 Audi A4 Xenon HID upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 10:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Audi A4 Xenon HID upgrade

I am buying a used 06 Audi that does not come equipped with XENON.

my 03 had them and I was wondering if anyone can tell me if it is possible to upgrade ?

If so, how easy is it and where can I get parts?

I am in the Redmond,Wa area if someone can recommend me a mechanic to do this as well that would be great

thanks in advance
Old 10-04-2009, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Parts are available...

And there is a complete kit available with OEM parts. http://kufatec.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=162

Or limited kits
http://kufatec.com/index.php?main_pa...products_id=65

and now you have a place to look.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the reply.

Wow that is expensive. I thought it would be just buying a part from my dealer and plugging it in :|

Originally Posted by shawfm
And there is a complete kit available with OEM parts. http://kufatec.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=162

Or limited kits
http://kufatec.com/index.php?main_pa...products_id=65

and now you have a place to look.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Gizmo99
Thanks for the reply.

Wow that is expensive. I thought it would be just buying a part from my dealer and plugging it in :|
You could try and get the lights and other parts through salvage then just get a harness from them.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Don't waste your money. Nothing but a big headache. If you do it right it is very expensive. By doing it right I mean a system that has the proper load leveling capability as required in Europe. Cheap systems do not have this capability. I'm aware of other cheap systems that lose low beam capability. Get yourself a good quality set of 80 watt high beam bulbs with 70 watt low beams. You won't get quite as much light as with HIDs but it will be a much better quality of light ie. not as blue. Speaking of blue light, steer clear of those idiotic blue tinted bulbs or bulbs over 4300Kelvin. Too much blue in the emitted spectrum which is not good for night driving.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Is this something that the dealer can easily do. Will this void my warranty ? Thanks

Originally Posted by Brillo
Don't waste your money. Nothing but a big headache. If you do it right it is very expensive. By doing it right I mean a system that has the proper load leveling capability as required in Europe. Cheap systems do not have this capability. I'm aware of other cheap systems that lose low beam capability. Get yourself a good quality set of 80 watt high beam bulbs with 70 watt low beams. You won't get quite as much light as with HIDs but it will be a much better quality of light ie. not as blue. Speaking of blue light, steer clear of those idiotic blue tinted bulbs or bulbs over 4300Kelvin. Too much blue in the emitted spectrum which is not good for night driving.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

I don't know if your dealer will do it or not. Most will not replace bulbs with anything other than the original specification equipment. A reputable mechanic can likely replace bulbs without too much difficulty. You will have to provide the aftermarket bulbs of your choice though. I changed (upgraded) the white halogen fogs on my 2008 A4 S-Line (HID headlights system) to 80 watt yellow tint bulbs with out any problems. Regarding the headlight though, I have heard that others without the HID headlights have trouble replacing headlamp bulbs because the bumper cover had to be removed. I have no experience with this but if you do a search on this site I'm sure you will find your answer.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I am doing this mod, I purchased the Bi-Xenon headlights from a salvage yard on ebay, these were from a 2006 A4 B7 with 20k miles and included the ballast and bulbs paid ($500 each) but will get a credit for halogens of $100 when replaced. The part numbers 8E0 941 003/004 AH (Right and Left). Also ordered the wire harness from Kufatec.com for $70. I spoke to my dealer and he will install them for me, as it is a little tricky with removing the front bumper. The wire harness makes it a plug and play except one wire that runs into fuse box. Also you will need to recode via VAG-COM to let the car know you have xenon. I should be getting light tomorrow and installed next week. I will let you know how it goes.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Sarchila, did you ever complete the mod? How did it go?
Old 04-14-2010, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Brillo
Get yourself a good quality set of 80 watt high beam bulbs with 70 watt low beams. You won't get quite as much light as with HIDs but it will be a much better quality of light ie. not as blue.
Hi Brillo, would you happen to know what the standard high and low watts are? I have a 2007 A4 2.0T Q. It would make your numbers above more meaningful to me if I have something to compare to.

Thanks

Quick Reply: 2006 Audi A4 Xenon HID upgrade