A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Wiring Question (HF Bluetooth)

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wow, that's really expensive!

The connector block had to be ordered, but they had plenty of wires w/pins in stock. I only paid $10.00 for the connector block and $2.00 each for the wires. You only need two wires, since each wires comes with connectors on both ends. You'll need three connectors, so you can just cut two wires in half, and have a spare connector.

Try going to another dealer...
Old 07-13-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Re: I didn't use any of the ISO connectors

>>>
Yes, the yellow mute wire will go to the Mute pin on the back of your radio. You'll also need to connect the speaker out wires (both + and -) to the respective pins marked Tel + and Tel -.
<<<

In the picture it looks like you outlined the red and orange wires on the audio cable. How do I tell which of the wires coming from the audio (out) cable is the speaker out + and speaker out -... they don't appear to have labels.

Thanks,

Jeffrey
Old 07-13-2005, 03:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Trial and error. Figured out that orange is - red is +
Old 07-13-2005, 03:13 PM

Default Re: I didn't use any of the ISO connectors

I guess better phrased the question would be:

I see the diagram in the picture you posted (from the parrot manual) that says:

1 - Rear Right Speaker
2 - Front Right Loudspeaker
3 - Front Left Loudspeaker
4 - Rear Right Speaker

Then:

1 = White & Grey
2 = Blue & Green
3 = Red & Orange
4 = Brown & Black

Am I wiring more than one set of speakers to the radio or just picking a speaker (ie: Front Right LoudSpeaker) and wiring that? Also, do you know which is + and which is -? They don't seem to be labelled?

Jeffrey
Old 07-13-2005, 03:13 PM

Default Re: Trial and error. Figured out that orange is - red is +

Thanks... [I'm off to try it...]

Jeffrey
Old 07-13-2005, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Just pick one set and run with it.

Since you're connecting the signal to the Tel + and Tel - on the back of your radio, you can choose which speaker (front L or front L+R) sound will come out of from the Symphony radio's menu.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:38 PM

Default Got it Working

Thanks for everybody's help, you saved me a lot of trial and error (and costly mistakes) and I appreciate that.

Here's what I did:

I wired the red wire to the cigarette lighter fuse and the orange wire to #16 (I think), which is the garage door opener. I tried going in from the back of the fuse box but the wires were pretty crowded, so I went in from the front (I can post pictures if anybody is curious - I basically pushed the wires in on the left side of the fuse with the fuse.) It took a few times to get everything working, but eventually it did. (It would light up the remote and then it would go off.) I wired the black ground to the bolt that holds in the fusebox (top bolt).

For the radio, I used a really sloppy method, but it worked. I tried to get the pins out of the AUDIO In wire, without much luck, so I took a hammer and chisel to it and pulled out three unsmashed pins. I then cut off those wires and soldered them to the mute and speaker wires (+/- || red/orange). Then I clipped them onto the pins on the radio and put electrical tape between them so they wouldn't touch and put the radio back in carefully.

To start off, I had wired the mic into the OEM slot inside the roof controls but the voice commands kept calling people I had no business calling at midnight, so I pulled the mic out and mounted it outside of the panel near the middle pulldown sun-shade - which works 100 times better.

After a few test calls to myself I have to say I'm very pleased with how everything works. Now I just need to find a home for the remote.

All that is left is to reinstall the glovebox and the kickboard (or whatever the piece below the wheel is called) and start driving my car again and enjoying the parrot, coolbox, and phatbox I put in this week.

Thanks again to everyone that helped out!

Jeffrey
Old 07-13-2005, 10:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats, enjoy the BT kit. It's great, and makes driving a little safer.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Good deal... glad to hear it!
Old 01-14-2006, 06:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Got it Working

I had a person tell me that I couldn't use the line- and line+ (brown and green wires) as the radio requires a high level input which those two are not. However I see you successfully used them. Any ideas who is correct? Ill try and see.