A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Is this what your OEM 1.8t manual trans mount looked like?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this what your OEM 1.8t manual trans mount looked like?

I recently ordered what I thought was an OEM style transmission mount for my 2002 1.8t manual. When I removed the old one, I was surprised to see that the one I received was quite different. As you can see, the OEM mount looks like it's damaged, but maybe it's not. There are pieces of rubber that look like they may have torn.

Original

Mine looks like this, but the rubber attached to the middle bolt hole connects to the outer diameter with 4 supports (like a + )

I'm hearing a lot more transmission noise with the new mount than the old, so maybe I should just move back to the OEM one if it isn't actually damaged. Can anyone confirm if it is, or if I just got the wrong mount?
Old 10-15-2009, 08:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by psuaudi
I recently ordered what I thought was an OEM style transmission mount for my 2002 1.8t manual. When I removed the old one, I was surprised to see that the one I received was quite different. As you can see, the OEM mount looks like it's damaged, but maybe it's not. There are pieces of rubber that look like they may have torn.

Original

Mine looks like this, but the rubber attached to the middle bolt hole connects to the outer diameter with 4 supports (like a + )

I'm hearing a lot more transmission noise with the new mount than the old, so maybe I should just move back to the OEM one if it isn't actually damaged. Can anyone confirm if it is, or if I just got the wrong mount?

Where did you order it from? When I ordered mine(from 034 Motorsport) it was a little bit different, and yes it does vibrate more than the oem as it is made from a stronger rubber but it definitely made a difference. To answer your question mine looked kind of like your cracked one, therefor making a clunking noise.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Also I hope you removed that gray rubber cover from the new Mount. here is a DIY(It's the one I used):

http://www.audigeeks.com/forums/index.php?topic=2785.0
Old 10-19-2009, 03:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did. I installed it just fine after drilled a small hole for the peg on the top of the new mount.

I think the new mount is a little too strong for me though, and I'm going to try some different ones. How do you like your 034 motorsports?
Old 10-26-2009, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by psuaudi
I did. I installed it just fine after drilled a small hole for the peg on the top of the new mount.

I think the new mount is a little too strong for me though, and I'm going to try some different ones. How do you like your 034 motorsports?
My old (OEM) was making lots of noise under acceleration/deceleration and this is why I chose the 034 street Mount and so far after the install it doesn't make any noise at all. I love it. and would highly recommend it. It does vibrate a little bit more at idle but I can live with that.