A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Suspension parts to replace with 135K miles

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 06:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension parts to replace with 135K miles

I own an 05 B6 A4 1.8T Manual Quattro S-Line with 135K miles and bought it with 14K miles. No suspension parts have been replaced nor has it ever been aligned. It still drives in a straight line and tire wear is normal. I'm sure the shocks are due for replacement and some if not all front end parts.

I'm looking for some recommendations on kits to purchase and I'm not really looking for a substantial aggressive ride over stock. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts

If it were me, I would only replace parts that are obviously bad. If you have even tire wear, good tracking on highways, you pass the simple shock rebound test (push and release each corner and insure the corner doesn't "bounce"), don't have any really obnoxious noise from worn bushings, and you are happy with the handling, leave it well enough alone. I have 240K on a Mercedes and have only replaced the shocks once; no other replacements have been necessary.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lyleswk
If it were me, I would only replace parts that are obviously bad. If you have even tire wear, good tracking on highways, you pass the simple shock rebound test (push and release each corner and insure the corner doesn't "bounce"), don't have any really obnoxious noise from worn bushings, and you are happy with the handling, leave it well enough alone. I have 240K on a Mercedes and have only replaced the shocks once; no other replacements have been necessary.
second on this opinion. I did the front control arms on my 02 and it was a disaster. Couldn't get the pinch bolt out, had to take it to the shop, the car never drove right again....and they did the work. If you don't have anything worn out I wouldn't touch it.