A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

is this car worth the money please comment

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 02:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is this car worth the money please comment

05 B6 ultra sport
white black interior
6 speed awd
59,829 miles
Price 17,000
Book value 15,500
please give me ur opinion
Old 11-23-2009, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

is this a trick question. the car is more than book value. i would say you can't go wrong with the color and package but it's still over kbb. timing belt is coming up quickly, fuel pump can go any time and who knows what happened to the clutch. i've done all three. if you like the car go for it just know that it's over value in this economy.

good luck,
andrew
Old 11-24-2009, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

no its not a trick question its just that ive seen about 30 ultra sports across many audi forms and only 1 in white but it had more miles than this one and was to far away for me. most common color black red sliver grey. most uncommon colors white,blue so i guess what the real question is ... is it really worth paying more cause it white or should i just keep looking since white is the only color i want? since ive had every color except white ..
Old 11-25-2009, 03:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Mileage is on the high side of average IMO, USP isn't much else than a body kit IIRC, car is $1500 over book value.

I wouldn't touch it.

Get a non-USP in the colors and options you want and put a mild body kit on it.
Old 11-26-2009, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

if it was an avant i would say yes because thats such a rare combo, you could probably do better than 17,000 for a sedan
Old 11-26-2009, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I'd definitely say that's on the high side. I bought a moro blue USP over the summer for significantly less -- granted it had higher miles but it also had most issues addressed and the timing belt had already been changed. Had a fully dealer history since new as well.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I just picked up a 2005 Avant 1.8TQ Ultrasport in Silver/Black with 43k miles, single owner, for $18,800.

The Ultrasport is front/rear bumpers, door blades, steering wheel, shifter, and RS4 wheels. If you wanted to make your own USP, you'll spend $2,150 on just the body kit shipped before paint.

Considering the cost to make your own, plus the premium you'll pay for the rarity of the car, I think it's worth it.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:31 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

OK FIRST ANYONE WHO IS LOOKING FOR A WHITE ULTRA SPORT DO NOT GO TO THIS GUY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
thttp://iascars.com/Home/current_details.aspx?carId=556
WHAT I WENT THRU TODAY WAS LIKE NO OTHER....
SO LET ME TELL U MY STORY. SO I SPOKE TO THE OWNER OVER THE PAST LAST WEEK I GOT HIM DOWN TO 17,000 FLAT. SO I DROVE 4 1/2 HOURS FROM MY HOUSE TO SEE AND BUY THIS CAR TODAY. ON FRIDAY I PUT INSURANCE ON THIS CAR HOPPING TO MAKE THIS MY DREAM CAR. I GET THERE THE ONWER (ROLING)WAS WASHING THE CAR SO I TAKE IT FOR A SPIN AND A ******* DRIVER PULLS IN FORNT OF ME SO I BEEP THE HORN ONLY TO FIND OUT IT DOESNT WORK ???? SO I TEST EVERYTHING IN THE CAR AND A LOT OF LIL THINGS DONT WORK SUCH AS ... INTEROIR LIGHT AC AND HEAT BOTH A BIG DELAY, ALL WORN OUT FLOOR MATS WERE IN THE TRUNK AND THE CARPET WAS DIRTY SO I GET BACK AND LOOK TO FIND EVERYTHING THATS WRONG WITH THE CAR... MOLDING WAS SCUFFED, FRONT LOWER GRILL POPPED OUT ? NO BROKEN .... BRAKE JOB THAT WAS PROMISED WAS NOT COMPLETED SO NOW MY PRICE OF 17,000 MUST GO DOWN .... THIS GUY TELLS ME IMM NOT GOING TO FIX 1 THING TILL I HAVE A BUYER AND!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS GOING TO COST THE BUYER MORE MONEY AND LETS KEEP IN MIND I SPOKE WITH EARIER DURING THE WEEK AND HE SAID OHH THE CAR IS WORTH EVERY PENNY .... SO I START TALKING TO HIM ABUT PRICE AND HE SAYS WELL THE CAR NEEDS MINOR WORK AND IT WILL RAISE THE PRICE OF THE BACK TO $18,995 AND THEM SOME.. THEN HE TELLS ME YOUR TO PICKY AND NOT THER RIGHT BUYER FOR THE CAR.... SO I ****ING FLIP OUT AND CURSE THE GUY OUT FOR ABOUT 10 MINS FOR PUTTING THRU THIS SHYT AND GETS BETTER HE CALLS 911 AND SAYS HE HAS A OUT OF CONTROL BUYER AND COPS SHOW UP SO THEY ENDING UP WRITING UP A REPORT IN MY FAVOR AND SAY THIS GUY IS A ******* AND TAKE HIM TO COURT SO AFTER THE COPS LEFT HES TELLS ME THAT IM BROKE AND CANT AFFORD A REAL MANS CAR AT THAT POINT I WENT TO HIT HIM AND MY GURLFRIEND AND BESTFRIEND HELD ME BACK LIKE A HIGH SCHOOL FIGHT AND I BROKE OUT MY LOAN PAPERS STATING I WAS 110% APPROVED FOR THE AND INSUREANCE PAPERS FOR THE CAR AND THEN HE STARTS TO TELL ME SORRY I THOUGHT YOU WERE JUST ANOTHER TEST DRIVE BUYER... SO I FLIP OUT AIGIN CURSE UP A STORM OHHH UR SOOOOO NOT THE BUYER FOR MY CAR ... I SLAM THE OFFICE DOOR AND PULL INTO THE NEXT GAS STATION UP THE BLOCK AND THE COUNTER MAN SEES HO MAD I AM AND GIVES ME A FREE DRINK AND IS CONCERN FOR MY SAFETY SO I TELL HIM WHAT HAPPENED AND GUESS WHAT HE TELLS ME( OH THAT PIECE OF SHYT HAS BEEN THERE FOR 9 MONTHS CAUSE HE WANTS WAY TOO MUCH MONEY TURNS OUT THAT GUY DRIVES DRIVES A 2007 AUDI S-LINE AND ALSO TRIED TO BUY THAT CAR I FELT BETTER AFTER TALKING TO HIM.... SO PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS CAR THIS GUY WILL ONLY SELL THE CAR AT HIS ASKING PRICE NOT URS IM LEAVING PROOF.....
Old 11-29-2009, 04:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Wow. Why on earth did you stay there after you found all those problems?
Old 11-30-2009, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

i didnt stay around that long but i couldnt help being so in raged and yelling at that stupid **** .... i dont think i was ever that mad