A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Aero Wiper Kit - Horrible Experience with ECS

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 09:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aero Wiper Kit - Horrible Experience with ECS

I just recently had an absolutely horrible experience with ECS Tuning.

My old wipers were shot and I figured I might as well upgrade to the "Aero" style wipers. I did a quick search through the forum and saw a few places online that sold "Aero kits," ECS Tuning being one of them. So I compare prices and notice that ECS Tuning seems to include Bosch blades with their kit whereas their competitors only included OEM/Audi blades. [As a side note, I guess they're essentially the same blades] So I place my order for their Aero kit and for the small black plastic cap that covers the nut. My dog chewed one of the two that were already on my car when I was previously fiddling with the wipers and left them on the ground.

Anyway, it all seemed simple enough. Not so! I placed my order on June 8th, saw that the website said it took 1-3 days to ship, and figured with the UPS ground shipping, I would see my parts within a week or so.

Jumping ahead, I didn't receive my order until June 29th. Three weeks! In the interim, I called ECS Tuning to find out what the hell was taking so long and they kept giving me the "the parts are still on order from Audi speech."

Oh, but it gets better. I notice that the kit they actually sent me contains OEM/Audi blades and not the Bosch blades that I was led to believe by their webpage. I was a little annoyed so I sent off an e-mail seeking some clarification and expressing my disgust at how long it took to receive my parts, etc...

I get back an e-mail telling me that I was mistaken to believe I was going to receive a set of Bosch blades, that they really are Bosch blades made for Audi, that they've always packaged it that way, etc..

I reply saying that in that case, the webpage is very misleading and etc... I get back another e-mail, this time from some snotty guy telling me that he'll be glad to sell me the Bosch blades at twice the price of what I received. The guy says that the kit contains all OEM parts. To which I think, if the kit contains, and always did contain, all OEM parts - then there was no need to describe the wiper arms as OEM and the blade set as Bosch!

AND! What do I notice when I check the ECS Tuning website again, they changed the description of the Aero kit on their webpage!

I apologize for venting but this is the type of customer service that just spells disaster for companies. The entire experience leaves a horrible impression on me and ECS Tuning will never see another dime from my wallet.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

That's pretty annoying that it took 3 weeks to ship. You should have canceled your order after 2 weeks if they were taking too long.

As for the wipers, that's not good that they said they were Bosch wipers. But at the end of the day, does it really matter what MFG's wipers they sent you? The OEM's are just fine. Not sure if you should be as pissed off as you are.

I've had some issues with ECS and they always took care of me and resolved the situation. For what they've done I will alwyas go back.

PS, they is funny that they changed the website. Give them the benefit of the doubt, they probably never realized it
Old 07-04-2009, 10:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

typical ECS.... i had ordered my 3.0 rotor kit, rear rotors, lines, and pads from them with the website showing IN STOCK. two weeks later nothing, oh they are going to be in this week. then a different story the next week, they are getting finished this week. after three months, i finally cancelled my order
Old 07-30-2009, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Just a suggestion when ordering from anywhere. If they say they ship in 1-3 days that means if they have it in stock it will ship within 1-3 days. I have gotten burned by this a few times. I always call before I order anything.