A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

screwed by myself but mostly by --> purems.com (take care of your customers please)

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default screwed by myself but mostly by --> purems.com (take care of your customers please)

<rant>

My car is in an Audi shop right now for t-belt, etc. with parts I purchased from purems.com. However, purems.com sent me a t-belt kit half from a 1.8 & half for the 2.8. I got the correct h2o pump & thermostat, everything else is for a 1.8 (i.e., t-belt, tensioners, etc.)

They can see that they were in error but due to the fact that I ordered the parts over 21 days ago they want to charge me 20% restocking fee and then buy a 2.8 kit from them. Ha!

I'm sorry but they caused the problem and immediately started jumping to excuses and their 21 day policy instead of doing what is right and taking care of a customer. If you are a business and you admit to making a mistake don't make excuses, point fingers, or read your lame return policy to me. Take care of your mistake!

I know I should have checked the parts as soon as they arrived but I didn't. I expect that when I order the correct part that they do some checking before the parts leave their warehouse to make sure that their customers are taken care of. I even called them before I ordered online to make sure I was getting the right parts.

I got that attitude from not only John but also Mike too. Both going back to finger pointing when it was their fault instead of just taking car of the problem.

Now I'm fq'ed. I don't have the budget to buy another kit from the shop or purems.com (note: I will never spend anther cent with purems.com).

Wow, I knew customer service was a thing of the past but I was just reminded how much so it is.

I'm open to suggestions but right now I'm looking at paying to get my car put back together and then having to wait until I can afford to get the correct kit.

I'd prefer to give someone on AW a 20% discount on a 1.8 T-belt kit than to lose 20% to a business that won't take care of their customers.

Sorry if this seems off base. I'm not trying to slander anyone. Their screw up is costing me time and money and I'm boiling mad for ever looking in purems.com's direction.

I sleep well at night as I do on to others as I'd have them do on to me. I don't know how that Mike guys sleeps at night. An what poor character they both showed trying to make it my fault. I ordered the right freaking part HELLO????

</rant>
Old 04-10-2008, 01:00 PM

Lol *shaking head*.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default :( sorry to hear that...

Mike was always an awesome guy to deal with. He knows his stuff, has great pricing, and keeps alot in stock.

However I have also quit purchasing from him,

im not saying this directly about mike... but it's something i've seen with alot of shops. To start up and get their name out there, the service is awesome and the company takes a genuine interest in every customer they can get. Well that service usually causes a snowball effect... everyone wants it so everyone goes to the shop. Then the shop starts making money and as that increases the amount of work the shop puts out goes down. I've seen it with more then one shop, the bigger the more their service begins to slide

Good luck getting this resolved.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Tech Guru

Received 107 Likes on 98 Posts

Not bashing PMS here, but that's another reason to let the shop get the parts.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Hey man I do it all "unto" "on to" and then some. lol :-)
Old 04-10-2008, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default So you ordered the wrong stuff online and then didn't check it when it showed up?

How do they know what you want/need? They can't read minds...
Old 04-10-2008, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default sorry to hear about your situation

but mike and purems have probably the best reputation of any retailer on AW. i realize you're frustrated because your car is unavailable and you're going to have to eat some cost, and i'm sorry about that (i've been there myself).

I just don't understand the unsolicited diatribes that people post about companies in isolated cases. These rants get posted often, and i'm not sure what purpose they serve. To singlehandedly bankrupt each company? most of these companies serve our community well, and i can't imagine any of them intend to screw their customers if they intend to stick around long. We probably need them more than they need to sell B5 parts. I realize if they sell the parts they should take care of each customer, but usually there's a peaceful and reasonable solution to these issues without slandering online. Just my $0.02

I hope you can put the new parts on a credit card or something until you can get the parts money refunded so you're not out of a car for long. This sounds like a crappy situation, but yours is the first account i've read on here of purems not taking care of their customers. I hope you resolve it amicably.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

yeah, I know aint that the truth. I thought I was going to do it myself at one point...
Old 04-10-2008, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I disagree entirely

Looking at the markup some shops add... fvck that!

Especially when most shops aren't going to price out a timing belt "kit" but will price out each individual part.

Nothing wrong with bringing in your own parts
Old 04-10-2008, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

? he ordered a 2.8L kit and got a 1.8L kit... how is that his fault?

Quick Reply: screwed by myself but mostly by --> purems.com (take care of your customers please)