Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A4 > A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-11-2009, 06:46 AM   #1
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 9070

Default Quick Question - my horn does not honk when locking the car with the remote anymore..

it just stopped doing this a while ago - not sure why. Is there a way to make that happen again? It is handy to know that the lock signal was received, especially when your remote doesn't have too great of range like mine.

Thanks!
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 05:50 PM   #2
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 163139

That horn is in the rear of the car. Maybe check a tech manual for exact location.
jaimesonlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:14 PM   #3
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 63450

None of them have great range. The horn is in the trunk on the left side, just pull the panel down. I find taking the lamp cover off helps. I also had this problem, it was just a loose plug on the horn, I tightened up the connector, and it has been fine for years. Yours might be that easy, or maybe more involved.
David.Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 05:37 AM   #4
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 27356

i think the horn is on the right side.... passenger side. maybe it depends on the year? Does the alarm work otherwise (does it make sound, flash)? my alarm horn failed, so the flashers are the only thing that work. I am going to look for the connector to see if that is the issue. maybe I got a plug that fell off when the dealer replaced my unit 5 years ago!

bk
beekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:37 PM   #5
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 63450

Sorry, right you are. It is the left looking into the trunk.
David.Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 06:21 AM   #6
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 16356

As my '01 A4 was getting older, I began to have this happen, and it seemed to coincide with the alarm going off a few minutes later. I never really figured out what the underlying problem was, but whenever I would lock it and not hear the honk, I would try unlocking it and relocking it, or opening and closing doors, etc, to try to prevent the alarm from going off later. It got old having people come in from the parking lot and tell me that my alarm was sounding.
Inigo Montoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:02 AM   #7
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 163729

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya View Post
As my '01 A4 was getting older, I began to have this happen, and it seemed to coincide with the alarm going off a few minutes later. I never really figured out what the underlying problem was, but whenever I would lock it and not hear the honk, I would try unlocking it and relocking it, or opening and closing doors, etc, to try to prevent the alarm from going off later. It got old having people come in from the parking lot and tell me that my alarm was sounding.
And did you ever figure out/fix the problem? Mine is doing the same thing occasionally.
maarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 04:53 AM   #8
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 163139

Quote:
Originally Posted by beekay View Post
i think the horn is on the right side.... passenger side. maybe it depends on the year? Does the alarm work otherwise (does it make sound, flash)? my alarm horn failed, so the flashers are the only thing that work. I am going to look for the connector to see if that is the issue. maybe I got a plug that fell off when the dealer replaced my unit 5 years ago!

bk
Maybe a bad horn.....
jaimesonlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 04:53 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement

Tags
a2, a8, anymore, audi, b5, car, close, d2, doesnt, honk, horn, locking, s4, sound, vag, working