A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Litany of problems! Am I doing it right???

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 11:09 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .02 never hurts

Originally Posted by scud133
For anyone who might find this thread later, I took it to LG Automotive (kinda near the Richmond/Fondren intersection).

Apparently they specialize in Audi/VW. When I got there, the only cars they had in the shop were Audis.

Anyway, the customer service was great (Victor is the man in charge; he stayed in touch over the phone and walked me through everything that he was going to do, ahead of time) and they did all the major work for less than half what the dealer wanted.

Highly recommended.
Always nice to find a good indy.

Not sure what is left on your list but there a few things we have that may be able to help you and are on the "oil change and tire change" DIY level.

Click here for B5 lower door mouldings - They are held on by one Phillips screw in the front and one in the back, easily accessible from inside the door. Just open your door and look at the bottom, you can't miss then. We recently dropped 50 bucks off our pricing and carry free shipping on them. While I write this it is showing an ETA of Jul 30th but that should be corrected by the end of the day.

Click here for B5 Axles - they aren't difficult to replace, just a series of 7mm allen heads if my memory serves. I put these in one of my b5 quite a while ago with no issues. Lots of people love raxles though. This one might just be outside your DIY skill set but worthy of a post none-the-less. On my list for this weekend.

We have a variety of door handles and they are definitely a DIY job. Probably 20-40 minutes if it is your first time doing one, 20 minutes once you've done it and are familiar with the setup. Also on my list for this weekend.

Most everything else has been answered. So I'll stop there. PM me if you have any questions or need help finding something else.
Phone: 1.800.924.5172 - Sales: 8:30am to MIDNIGHT EST | Customer Service 8:30am - 8pm EST
Questions? PM us for a quick response! | Email: Pete@ecstuning.com