A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

kmd dyno tune price offer

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kmd dyno tune price offer

We will offer custom tuning software for all 2.7t and 1.8t Audi/Vw for 1 month only for $1,500 (no parts included) norm $2,500. If not able to make the deadline you can pay for it in full and bring it in later. We need 1 week time min. for any car. This is on our new Maha dyno and again only for 1 month so it ends 4/3/08. local enclosed trailer transport avail. for Jersey, NY, PA, CT at a resonable cost. Other shipping avail upon request. Thank you all
Old 03-03-2008, 06:26 PM

Default how about a more horse power or yur money back guarantee? lol

i am going to be running a custom tune from chris tap but would be curious to see the difference in tunning between the two?
Old 03-03-2008, 06:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Uh $1500 for what type of tuning? Motronic? Autronic? 034? Haltech? Who is dong the actual tuning?

You did say "all 2.7t and 1.8t Audi/Vw" thats sorta vague. You just got the dyno... so maybe you're booking work at this price to get acquainted with the dyno to achieve a solid level of proficiency?

While we're at it... How many hours on the rollers and with the tuner does that $1500 buy? I mean I could buy a day on my local AWD dyno for like $800 ~9mi from home and $700/day is enough to lure at least 3 people I know of to do my tune from well out of state. How many hours does it take to refine a base map for two of the most frequently tuned engines? I expect you do have an array of base maps right? I mean... if the current map is ok or even close to being tolerable, $1500 for like 3 hours of refinement might be somewhat excessive. Are you doing cold start refinement? Are you doing hot restart refinement? What if you have got it sorted afer just a couple of hours... do you pocket the extra gran or so? Few if any tunes are identical as such it only follows that a flat fee for tuning might not be such a great deal for those only slightly outside of the norm. Who gets to keep the data from the tune? Does the customer own the rights to the tune at that point? I mean if you get to re-use their tune do you give them a kick-back? I'd be kinda irked if somebody was paying $2500 regularly to buy a duplicate .set file of my tune under the impression that it was a special tune just for them.

And $2500 regularly? Yikes!

Sorry Dion, I just don't see that as being an exceptional value.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default KMD comes out of no where with a new dyno and wants a piece of the pie with....

no proof of capability for what they are advertising. KMD was never really much for the Audi scene IMO and never did anything tuning wise. They were installers from day one.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default ...

My problem with the offer is that it is vague and I'd not let my car out of my sight for a week into the hands of anybody that isn't going to buy me an engine or car if things go very wrong.

If your tune takes 5 hours to do... that is $300/hr or normally $500/hr. Thats kinda a lot. I can pay a tuner of my choice ~$100/hr for his time and dyno time costs ~125/hr for an AWD dyno near me. Ok so the going rate for me at least is $225/hr for AWD tuning... maybe 250. So I'd be looking to get like a minimum (remember its prepaid and at their discretion when it will be done) of 6 hours for $1500 or 10 hours out of that $2500. Of course the more dyno time you buy the less it costs per hour. I think this is a move to recoup some of the considerable expense of installing a tool such as an AWD dyno.

Like I said... I don't see the value in his proposition.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:41 AM
Former Vendor

Default thats right we are coming out of nowhere with a dyno...

we have been street tuning for over a year and mostly 2.7t. To clarify we will be tuning big turbo 1.8t & 2.7T ME7 only! $1,500 will include as many hours as needed 3 days, week, week and half etc. All cars program start from scratch. We like to start fresh because every car runs different in its own way. as for the file being for the owner? There is no private ownership of any file, reason for that is there is no way for anyone to know if we do or do not use it. WE use an id # in each ecu so you know its only yours. However if you have any question please just fel free to call me so we can talk about. Thanks so much
Old 03-04-2008, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I have my BAT custom dyno and street tune covered, but thanks for the offer. It's about info......

there's not much out there about your tuning, feedback or experience that I've read about. I am more than aware each car runs differently. My concern is I've not heard anything about your tuning, even for the 2.7T. It's not like I don't have friends in that circle who run GT28's on B5 S4's. EPL, Jeff writing for C2 and the guys over at ASP are all within 2.5 hours of you with prooven track records and with tons of feedback and information available. You better be able to post up videos, pictures, plots, refrences etc... Otherwise you're just the next EIP.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:30 AM
Former Vendor

Default there is very little info if any on our tuning...

every company started somewhere. as for eip and asp they to started out with very little info but have become big names. We hope one day our name will also be included in that list of shops. Thanks
Old 03-04-2008, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default My car was just tuned by KMD!!! Couldn't be happier!!!!!

Car is a beast now! Guys don't miss this opportunity. Danny and crew at KMD did a phenominal job on my car. I know there are a few people who have gotten tuned by KMD in the past weeks and from what I know everyone couldn't be more satisfied. The Maha dyno is probably one of if not THE most accurate dynos around. Not only does it give you wheel HP but the crank number is indisputable. Guys this is the SAME dyno many European manufacturers use to test their own cars.

There are going to be some fast KMD Tuned cars running around thats for sure!
Old 03-04-2008, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default You guys are already well known in the industry!

Your right everyone started somewhere but you guys have been around for a long time already. The fact that you have invested huge $$$$$ into your MAHA shows that you are in this busness for the LONG HAUL!!!! I've been a very happy customer of KMD for over five years now and I'm glad to see you guys making some very very BiG MOVES!!!!

Quick Reply: kmd dyno tune price offer