A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

To everyone jumping ship and posting negative comments..

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 07:23 AM
Mr Mc Feely

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To everyone jumping ship and posting negative comments..

Enough. I'm pretty sure none of you realize how much hard work has gone into the forums over the past 7 or so years, more so in the past year dealing with IB to make this as smooth of a transition as possible.

Moderators on the forum, especially Kris, have spent countless hours each day working with IB to ensure some of the soul is/was left in AW. None of the moderators get paid for the long hours of work, they simply do this to make sure you have a place to converge, discuss, talk about goats and maybe share some thoughts about your B5.

Looking at all of the negative posts/folks leaving withing the first 12 hours of the new forum format going up makes me downright sad after the years of use for many of you. I know this format is not for everyone and I don't expect everyone to instantly accept it.. but don't write this off as the end of AW.. I think Kris and others that have played a major role for AW over the years that have had the patience to work with IB during this transitional phase deserve more thanks than the negative comments thus far.

AW has brought me good times, good friends, brought me to Jesus and much more. Because AW just now jumped onto the VB bandwagon does not mean I'm going to leave nor should that be the case for you all as well. Give it some time before ignoring all the hard work that has gone into AW over the years.

If the new format really doesn't work out.. it is what it is. But please give some credit to those that REALLY are trying to keep a free forum open to us Audi folk.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well said!!
Old 03-17-2009, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I'll stick around to see what happens...

My biggest gripe is the fact that over 10 years of excellent information is no longer usable.

The only other major problem I have with the site is the color scheme/design. It would be a lot nicer if it was more like a traditional VB site.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:39 AM

We don't blame the moderators at all. We blame IB for not having put enough time into intergrating thread posts into the software... They say that their forum software can't handle it.. well then, get better forum software. We know it's doable, the screenshots were posted almost a year ago.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

I couldn't have said it better myself. Give it a chance and maybe it will work out for the best. I've met more great car enthusiasts through this forum than any other forum, and I hope that the tradition can continue!
Old 03-17-2009, 07:42 AM

Agreed.

Stick it out. This may work after all. I did notice that the classifieds were wiped clean. That sucks. I don't like the switch but Audiworld has been incredible for my brother and I. Can't be deterred that easily.

Thanks to Joey, Nate, @wesome, Rally, Modified, Dungbeetle, etc. for help in the past. Even if they don't remember when they helped. In case they leave...

Last edited by d1rt [A4 Pröjekt]; 03-17-2009 at 07:56 AM.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:43 AM
I was lost, now I'm found

"brought me to Jesus and much more"

There real Jesus?

I give you and Kris and all the other moderators/administrators TONS of credit. I wont be negative anymore and will do my best to get used to it. I wont leave for good but you wont see me as much.

Thanks to everyone making this site still available Kawf or not.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

what's killing this forum is all the off-topic junk in the B5 tech forum. mods need to move all of it into feedback so we can actually see some b5 tech discussion
Old 03-17-2009, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Meh you don't want me around these parts anyway I was just trouble I lub joo and Kris and goats, but not this new format. Because you wrote this and only because you wrote this I won't write this off, but just because you wrote what wyou wrote preventing me from writing off.

All hail goats and Jesus (aka ROB/ scratchrob).
Old 03-17-2009, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

No, I think you have to look at it from the other perspective. All these other contributors have spent hours and hours putting time and effort into the knowledge base that was AW... And IB comes along and completely ignores our request. We were all here for one reason: we preferred the format. If that was not the reason we were here, we could have gone to AZ, VWV, AF, etc and got to know the people over there.

<br>
But, the thing that pisses many of us off, is that they *LIED* to us. They said that they would try to keep the format as close to KAWF as possible. They didn't even try. Where are the thread trees? I mean, this new layout is so half-conceived, I don't know how anybody could have spent more than half an hour launching it. How hard would it be to change some colors? I mean, the usability is just complete and utter crap. Example: YOUR sig. It's longer than your freaking post. So, what happens when you post a one-line 'LOL' or something... Do you think we want to sit around and read pages and pages for a couple lines of text? No! That's bull.

<br>
KAWF was a more mature format b/c it was information oriented - NOT show-off-how-cool-my-sig-and-avatar are each time I post anything. Hence, it attracted more mature people. No stupid *bump* for every retarded post, or each n00b demanding the forum's attention. Or pointless threads hogging the headlines b/c two people are having a pissing contest. No, you just untracked the thread, and read what was important. If you started a thread, you could leave it tracked and wait for replies... No need to continually 'bump' and attention *****.

<br>
There are VB formats that would have made people complain a lot less... But, the fact is, this is just not functional.

<br>
But, that being said... I do respect Kris' efforts, and the efforts of the mods... But, obviously, whatever you all were trying to fight for, you didn't get. It's not your fault... It's the fault of those paid ppl higher up. The ones responsible for these horrid ads all around the text box I'm trying to type in. If someone took your car and covered up all your windows with vinyl and left a 2x4" hole for you to see out of, told you that's how it's going to be, are you going to stick around w/that someone? No way. But that's what's going on here.

<br>
The only reason I'm around is b/c I don't want the regulars who missed all of what happened yesterday to get left behind... I mean, really. In just the B5 A4 boards, you had a good handful of people that really *made* the board. People that you could depend on for reliable information. If they go, this forum is done. It will be worth less than the worst at AZ... B/c right now, AZ has a better format, and a lot of us lurked over there anyways.

<br>
Bottom line - this isn't about change. This is about those in the higher ups disrespecting us, the forum users, by ignoring our requests to maintain forum legibility. All we wanted was something that was easy to read. They ignored us. So we're going elsewhere.

Last edited by Pscheoverdrive; 03-17-2009 at 08:14 AM.

Quick Reply: To everyone jumping ship and posting negative comments..