A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

A couple of questions on AWT engines

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 09:10 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A couple of questions on AWT engines

Hi everyone! I am new to the Audiworld. And nice to meet you all...
Well, I have an A4 B5 1.8T AWT Euro-spec (I am not from the United States), So:

1. In the Bentley Manual, I should follow the procedures in the section of (AEB, ATW) or the section of (AWM)? Because my engine AWT is not included in the Bentley Manual.

2. Does the AWT engine includes a Variable Valve Timing, just like AWM? (I can't find a exact answer for this)

2. As my Audi is not an US-spec, will there be any big differences regarding on the Engine and Mechanical or other stuffs, because obviously the Bentley manual is made only for the Audis in the United States and Canada?

Please correct me if I have any mistakes, thanks very much!
Old 08-20-2009, 03:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OrangeTurbo
Hi everyone! I am new to the Audiworld. And nice to meet you all...
Well, I have an A4 B5 1.8T AWT Euro-spec (I am not from the United States), So:

1. In the Bentley Manual, I should follow the procedures in the section of (AEB, ATW) or the section of (AWM)? Because my engine AWT is not included in the Bentley Manual.

2. Does the AWT engine includes a Variable Valve Timing, just like AWM? (I can't find a exact answer for this)

2. As my Audi is not an US-spec, will there be any big differences regarding on the Engine and Mechanical or other stuffs, because obviously the Bentley manual is made only for the Audis in the United States and Canada?

Please correct me if I have any mistakes, thanks very much!
1. looking online it shows that it is a 150hp engine which makes me believe that you would follow the AEB, ATW service. However, you could confirm which block you have, does it have an internal or external water pump. If external then for sure follow AEB, ATW. As far as AEB or ATW is the engine throttle controlled mechanically by a cable or electronic drive by wire. If DBW then ATW otherwise AEB.

2. 150hp engine doubt it has VVT

2. (part 2) Everything should be basically the same.