A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

boost gauges

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 08:36 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boost gauges

hey everyone!! just joined glad to be here... gotta question where did you mount your boost gauges? any help is appreciated, pics would be nice too. thanks
Old 04-28-2010, 11:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

i dont have a boost gauge but ive seen them mounted in the middle of your air conditioning vent...it actually takes over your middle vent. thats the only one ive actually seen. good luck.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

like he said, you can mount the boost gauge in the center vent which looks clean. and you can also find a gauge pod and put it on the A pillar. ive seen both done. check out some of the websites associated with this forum, i know ive seen the center vent boost gauge on here. out of curiosity, what kind of car you have, and how much boost are you running?
Old 04-29-2010, 06:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Since my info center is beyond pixelated, and I have side airbags, I put mine right on top of the steering wheel column. There are two types; one that replaces the top cover completely, or one that just goes on top of it. (I got the latter because it was cheaper.)
Old 04-29-2010, 01:09 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Welcome aboard!

The two most popular locations for boost gauges are on your steering column or in your center/driver's side vent. We carry both types of gauges here - click click. The steering column gauges are nice because it keeps all your gauges near your cluster. But the vent pod gauges are nice because they keep you from having any pods hanging around your dash. It is a nice inlay that looks near OEM.

I'll attach some photos of both for you:

Phone: 1.800.924.5172 - Sales: 8:30am to MIDNIGHT EST | Customer Service 8:30am - 8pm EST
Questions? PM us for a quick response! | Email: Pete@ecstuning.com
Old 04-29-2010, 05:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just curious whats the pricing on the boost gauges you just posted?

Originally Posted by Chris@ECStuning
Welcome aboard!

The two most popular locations for boost gauges are on your steering column or in your center/driver's side vent. We carry both types of gauges here - click click. The steering column gauges are nice because it keeps all your gauges near your cluster. But the vent pod gauges are nice because they keep you from having any pods hanging around your dash. It is a nice inlay that looks near OEM.

I'll attach some photos of both for you:

Old 05-03-2010, 07:05 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

79.95 and 149.00 respectively. You can click that link above for more details and pictures.
Phone: 1.800.924.5172 - Sales: 8:30am to MIDNIGHT EST | Customer Service 8:30am - 8pm EST
Questions? PM us for a quick response! | Email: Pete@ecstuning.com
Old 05-03-2010, 07:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by whtturboa4
hey everyone!! just joined glad to be here... gotta question where did you mount your boost gauges? any help is appreciated, pics would be nice too. thanks
Please do it yourself if you go with the vent.....took me about 9 minutes (minus routing boost wire)

Old 02-07-2011, 04:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by kozzimo55
Please do it yourself if you go with the vent.....took me about 9 minutes (minus routing boost wire)

How do you get the center row of vents out? Do you pull out the entire set or just the vent that you want to put the gauge into? Just wondering how to pull it out without screwing up the wires ir vent lines behind them. Thannks.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

The whole thing just slides out and there should be a plug for the lights.

Quick Reply: boost gauges