A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Fogs without Headlights

Old 01-04-2011, 06:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fogs without Headlights

I am trying to figure out how to turn on my fog lights without turning on the headlights. I found one post on here regarding this but it was not for the b5 and was complicated and involved diagnostic equipment which I do not have. One of my buddies told me that some cars can achieve this by simply bridging a fuse or something along this line. Anybody perform this mod or know anything/way how to do this? Thanks.

-Luke-
Old 01-04-2011, 09:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

so... not to burst your bubble bro but I doubt anyone will respond to your question with anything nicer than this... what you wanna do is just plain "STUPID" and a danger to yourself and other drivers... there is a reason they call them fog lights and not headlights. they are not meant to be used in place of your headlights. if you can't see buy some projectors or HID's hell both. thats what I did got a Steal of a deal and I light up the WHOLE road. I hate people who drive around with just fogs and I'm surprised cops don't crack down on that. I've been almost hit so many times by people and its because they can't see due to the fact that they are running on just fogs.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by iluvmykawasaki
so... not to burst your bubble bro but I doubt anyone will respond to your question with anything nicer than this... what you wanna do is just plain "STUPID" and a danger to yourself and other drivers... there is a reason they call them fog lights and not headlights. they are not meant to be used in place of your headlights. if you can't see buy some projectors or HID's hell both. thats what I did got a Steal of a deal and I light up the WHOLE road. I hate people who drive around with just fogs and I'm surprised cops don't crack down on that. I've been almost hit so many times by people and its because they can't see due to the fact that they are running on just fogs.
haha stupid tab button. I was gonna add to that answering your question. you can splice the fogs to your park lights so that when you push the handle the first click your fogs will come one. if you dont want the park lights then just disable them. cut the wire and solder it to the fogs. hope that helps ^_^
Old 01-05-2011, 12:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default So thanks for making assumptions as to my intentions

which by the way did not involve driving at night with only the fogs on. Im not retarded. I wanted them for day/dusk lights to run with my parking lights. But thanks for the answer dude. I appreciate it.
FYI, I have never been involved or close to being involved in accidents involving people with just fog lights on.
Also, far as I know, running fog lights alone is legal in all 50 states so there would be nothing for cops to crack down on which is why they dont.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Foxtrot14
I am trying to figure out how to turn on my fog lights without turning on the headlights. I found one post on here regarding this but it was not for the b5 and was complicated and involved diagnostic equipment which I do not have. One of my buddies told me that some cars can achieve this by simply bridging a fuse or something along this line. Anybody perform this mod or know anything/way how to do this? Thanks.

-Luke-
This may help: https://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec43.shtml