A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

200k mile present

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 06:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 200k mile present

I recently got my 1996 2.8 A4 back from my former fianc?e. I thought her how to drive and did she ever. I am in the process of replacing all of the control arms, oil pan gaskets, tires, CV boots, etc.

I found a metal line the run in front of the block that looks like a solid piece of rust. It appears to be a coolant line that has a Y on one end. I was contemplating making a new one of stainless. Am I wasting time with that? Is there someone that already makes a SS one? Would anyone else be interested in one?

Second, I have had a problem with the EGR solenoid for some time. The connector for the solenoid always has 12v to it. Where does that connector get fed? I bought the Bentley manual and it does not get into enough detail as to where the wire goes.

Third, I was engaged for 4.5 years (we were waiting for her to get a degree) and she left me for someone else. Being a good **** I am stuck on the "love you for ever and always, forever and always, forever and always" some how she missed the FOREVER part. Any suggestions as to how to get over her? And just finding someone else is VERY tough as they usually turn and run away when I tell them that I think a 50 mile running race is fun or that I am working on installing a warp drive in my Volvo or the time machine under the sink.

Thanks all!!!

God Bless and have a Happy New Year!!

Andrew
Old 12-27-2006, 07:56 AM

Default Favorite cars are special; significant others are replaceable

Pamper, massage, and make sweet biomechanical love to your Audi. Running fifty miles is horrible for your knees and hips and you should stop that or you'll require extensive surgeries when you reach your late forties/early fifties. I would simply replace the coolant line with a stock hose.........since you're probably going to sell the car the moment (I'm guessing six months) you get over her.

Do as I say.......
Old 12-27-2006, 08:13 AM

Default Re: Favorite cars are special; significant others are replaceable

Thanks for the advice!

As for the running it is Ultra marathons and if you look at the average age bracket of people that run them they are all in their 40's 50's and a strong showing of 60+. the races are all on trails so the impact is very very minimal for the joints.

No ideas as to where to a full schematic of the Audi?

Thanks!!

Andrew
Old 12-27-2006, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default i once built a working time machine as a kid>>

out of a telephone and a lot of wires... me and my friend saw the ice cream truck drive by

we then powered on the time machine... the ice cream truck then drove by again!!!

some people say it just circled around again.. But we both think different

I can send you our blueprints if you'd like! :-D
Old 12-27-2006, 08:19 AM

Default Re: i once built a working time machine as a kid>>

Thanks for the schematics! I had no idea I was running the flux capacitor backwards!!

Andrew