A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

2004 - Death of the B5 forums?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 09:55 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 - Death of the B5 forums?

(forgive me if I keep this painfully brief)

We're supposed to look back on the year with fond memories and look forward to many more. Unfortunately, I'm left with one overriding thought when it comes to this forum...it's dead (yes, I know, that's not upbeat or cheery).

This year has marked a point in the B5 forum life cycle where people have moved on, bought other cars, grown tired of discussing the same old thing, etc. etc. etc. This forum is now flooded with 3rd owners who bought the car because they needed transportation, nothing more. This is a place they go to when they need to figure out how to fix their car. To them I'll leave one last piece of advice...search the archives. Most of the people capable of answering your questions have long since left. Before they left, they filled the archives with hoards of information...more than you could possibly read within a year. To those old timers that choose to stay I'll leave you with one last piece of advice...one n00b must be sacrificed every day. Just tell yourself..."it's for the greater good". I will miss what these forums used to be....

Happy New Year, and have a great 2005!
Old 12-31-2004, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

raj..so true...cheers and best Audi wishes in the New Year
Old 12-31-2004, 10:08 AM

Old 12-31-2004, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Remember when we found out you could change the wiper relay

and get variable intermittant wipers..just by changing a relay? That was a very cool mod in the day....like 1998.
Old 12-31-2004, 10:10 AM

Default Re: 2004 - Death of the B5 forums?

A differeing point of view.

Thanks to the selfless experts who volunteered information freely during the passing year.

Major thanks to those who did not kneejerk a STFA comment in fifteen lines when they could have answered the question in 5 lines.

A forum is just a space on the web, it's the participants (as in plural not singular which includes newbies asking questions) and the content (which include answers by experts) that makes a forum great.

Thanks once again all and whether AudiWorld/B5 dies or stays is depending on the actual owners of the site and not individual self prophesed experts.

Long Live AWB5
Old 12-31-2004, 10:22 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Actually, you're wrong...

<i>A forum is just a space on the web, it's the participants (as in plural not singular which includes newbies asking questions) and the content (which include answers by experts) that makes a forum great. </i>

If you were here long ago, you'd understand that THIS forum was so much more. Where else have you seen people chip in $3000 to fund a timing belt failure? It was a virtual community (which goes far beyond the definition above). I've never seen an online forum grow to those heights. At present this forum (barely) meets the definition above.
Old 12-31-2004, 10:31 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default *errrr...ummm...uhhhh...YEAH, I remember that!*

Heehee...that little discovery precedes my existence! :-P By the time I discovered I could actually afford one of these cars (and bought one) intermittent wipers were standard. :-P
Old 12-31-2004, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default hehe, I'm outta here too. Let's hope Alex gets that thing going soon.

We need to survive somehow ;-P
Old 12-31-2004, 10:35 AM

Default Re: Actually, you're wrong...

I am mature enough to deal with being wrong if I am and I have no dying desire to be 100% correct at all times on an online forum with virtual usernames personally.

I am sorry that I wasn't here to help fund a $3k donation but that doesn't mean that I and fellow newcomers should be ridiculed as in:

"This forum is now flooded with 3rd owners who bought the car because they needed transportation, nothing more. This is a place they go to when they need to figure out how to fix their car."

We all have our own motivations and utterior motives for being here, consciously or subconsciously.

Thankfully I own an Audi adn I apologize if I can only be a "third owner" but the fact remains that I am an Audi owner and this is AudiWorld.Com not onlyposthereifyouwillfollowexactandmilitarytypecom mandssetforth.com

Edit: just wanted to add that only a bleeding fool will buy an Audi becasue they needed transportation. You buy a Civic, Accord etc for that. You buy cars like Audi becasue you actually enjoy driving. At least from my perch point.
Old 12-31-2004, 10:35 AM
Elder Member

cheers to you.

Quick Reply: 2004 - Death of the B5 forums?