A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

My B9 allroad Build

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Obsidian3K
Pretty much the same as the above. I don't dislike the Allroad, but I also have no particular need for the extra 2" of ground clearance and plastic cladding. I'll probably take them anyway, since Audi won't sell the regular A4 Avant here (nor Mazda the 6 wagon, which as a happy Mazda owner for over a decade, would be my first choice), but I'd still prefer something that met my needs without adding unnecessary stuff.

Especially since both of these vehicles already exist and the only issue is with their respective manufacturers bothering to import them.
For me, the AR is just fine, and the extra 2" of road clearance are, quite frankly welcome, to clear road hazards, parking lot aprons, etc. I hardly notice the difference between it and my B8 Avant with Sport package from 2011. But I would gladly forgo the vertical bars in the grill for the horizontal bars in the A4 and Avant grills.
The following users liked this post:
jolsongoude (05-02-2022)
Old 04-13-2017, 12:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by archrenov8
For me, the AR is just fine, and the extra 2" of road clearance are, quite frankly welcome, to clear road hazards, parking lot aprons, etc. I hardly notice the difference between it and my B8 Avant with Sport package from 2011. But I would gladly forgo the vertical bars in the grill for the horizontal bars in the A4 and Avant grills.

One of the reasons I traded my A4 for the Allroad was for increased height and clearance for above reasons as well as NYC commuting (with associated potholes) that the larger tires offer. Any my AR is more comfortable than the A4. I can't compare my AR to an Avant, but I am more than satisfied.
Old 04-13-2017, 03:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bob m
One of the reasons I traded my A4 for the Allroad was for increased height and clearance for above reasons as well as NYC commuting (with associated potholes) that the larger tires offer. Any my AR is more comfortable than the A4. I can't compare my AR to an Avant, but I am more than satisfied.
Glad you posted that, Bob. The regional sales training tech was up here for the Q5 launch and I discussed that very thing with him about the Allroad. He exclaimed that the A4 Allroad has a more comfortable ride than the A4 sedan. I was impressed with the smoothness of the A4 sedan....and am very ready to take delivery around July 1 of my Allroad.
Will not miss the S3 except for the power rush and maybe the occasional corner fling.
Old 04-16-2017, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have a link for purchasing the LED matrix headlights?
Old 04-16-2017, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by westwest888
Its called a dealership in Europe. Make sure you do a little bit of research though prior to purchasing the assembly. There are some things that are required to be done with equipment that is not state side.
Old 04-16-2017, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by meijerbrantm
Its called a dealership in Europe. Make sure you do a little bit of research though prior to purchasing the assembly. There are some things that are required to be done with equipment that is not state side.
Or read any of my posts and realize they can't be done stateside. Period.
Old 04-16-2017, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wdimagineer
Or read any of my posts and realize they can't be done stateside. Period.
Anything can be done with enough time and money.
Old 04-16-2017, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by meijerbrantm
Anything can be done with enough time and money.
I of all people know that. But sometimes even money can't make things happen if the pieces don't line up.
Old 04-16-2017, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by westwest888
https://www.bks-tuning.com/led-headl...udi-a4-8w.html
Old 04-16-2017, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Those are not Matrix Beam. Those are what you already have, just the European version.

Quick Reply: My B9 allroad Build