A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

blacked out allroad

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 12:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FLkiwi
It's such a personal decision, made harder by how difficult it is to find these things in person to look at.

I initially ordered Glacier without full paint, then saw one exactly like that drive past here in FL, and immediately called the dealer and changed it to full paint because the cladding looked too 'Subaru-ish'. That said, I've since seen Subarus without the cladding!

Overall though I'm still glad I changed to full paint. I think it looks a bit more refined.

If you didn't see it, there's a thread over here about color, where there is also discussion about full paint.
That's so funny. I did exactly the same. I ordered the manhattan gray without the full paint but it always irked me that they look like subarus. About a month after I ordered I called my dealer and added full paint. I knew that if I hadn't, it would drive me nuts every time I got in the car. The only thing I don't like about the full paint is that it's not a continuous fender but rather an insert panel. Nevertheless, it's still the closest we'll get to an avant in the US. On another note, and I know many will disagree, I think the Gotland green with the cladding looks soooo Subaruish, you almost expect to see an Eddie Bauer logo somewhere on it. To each his own, I guess.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did not hesitate a second in ordering the full paint option. I did go back and forth on color....Manhattan Gray won out over Florett Silver and Glacier White. All look great IMHO, but I was so tired of black interior, I went with Rock Gray....and it just demanded the Manhattan.
Old 04-24-2017, 03:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by soonerfan
I did not hesitate a second in ordering the full paint option. I did go back and forth on color....Manhattan Gray won out over Florett Silver and Glacier White. All look great IMHO, but I was so tired of black interior, I went with Rock Gray....and it just demanded the Manhattan.
Totally agree on the all-too-common black leather interior. I went manhattan grey/rock grey/granite gray/gray oak inlays.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fantasiamon
Exact direction I'm going in once I get my hands on her. Someone beat me to it. Looks great!
Photoshop only for now for me.
Can I trouble you to photoshop a black grill on this white allroad? I'm not too good with photoshop. Want to see how it would look! ThankS!
Attached Images  
Old 04-25-2017, 03:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blorzoga
Totally agree on the all-too-common black leather interior. I went manhattan grey/rock grey/granite gray/gray oak inlays.
My Prestige is Manhattan Gray/Rock Gray with black carpeting/Gray Oak/Sport Package/Full Paint. Glad the Sport Package includes the black headliner for 2017.
Also, the Sport Package defaults to black carpet. I've had sport seats in the last 3 Audi's I've owned and I can't go back to the standards....they feel small.
Old 04-25-2017, 04:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by soonerfan
My Prestige is Manhattan Gray/Rock Gray with black carpeting/Gray Oak/Sport Package/Full Paint. Glad the Sport Package includes the black headliner for 2017.
Also, the Sport Package defaults to black carpet. I've had sport seats in the last 3 Audi's I've owned and I can't go back to the standards....they feel small.
I also got the sport seats by way of the warm weather package. I prefer the lighter interior including the headliner. It makes the car seem roomier.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Boyea
Can I trouble you to photoshop a black grill on this white allroad? I'm not too good with photoshop. Want to see how it would look! ThankS!
will try for you when I have the chance. I'm away for work for a while though and don't have photoshop access remote. Will see what I can do when I return though
Old 04-25-2017, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by blorzoga
That's so funny. I did exactly the same. I ordered the manhattan gray without the full paint but it always irked me that they look like subarus. About a month after I ordered I called my dealer and added full paint. I knew that if I hadn't, it would drive me nuts every time I got in the car. The only thing I don't like about the full paint is that it's not a continuous fender but rather an insert panel. Nevertheless, it's still the closest we'll get to an avant in the US. On another note, and I know many will disagree, I think the Gotland green with the cladding looks soooo Subaruish, you almost expect to see an Eddie Bauer logo somewhere on it. To each his own, I guess.
I'm still not sure that I wouldn't prefer the Manhattan, but after weeks of beating myself against a wall I just gave up and picked the white, partly because I like how clean it looks.

Also, living in FL hopefully means it will stay a bit cooler, although that would apply to grey too it seems!