A4 allroad (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 allroad, produced from 2012-present

Infant seat/Stroller pics?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 03:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Infant seat/Stroller pics?

Just found out we're expecting and I'm doing early recon. If you have an infant seat or stroller can you post pics/opinions of how it fits? I've done some measurements for hatch but it seems like it may be tight. Just want to see what some other folks are doing, thanks!
Old 04-27-2014, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't get a picture now, because we've moved up to a bigger carseat.... But we used the Chicco Keyfit 30 with our baby. It fits wonderfully in the middle seat - both front seats could stay exactly where I wanted them (wife and I are both 5'9"). Then we got the KeyFit Caddy which the seat pops into to make a stroller. It fits just fine in the trunk.

Now we had to move up to a convertible car seat.... it doesn't fit so well. Needs to be in the passenger back seat, passenger front seat is moved up too far, and we're actually going to look at A6's today.
Old 04-29-2014, 03:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

the rear facing seats only really fit in the middle between the front seats in my 2011. It belongs there, anyway. you don't want your infant up against a door that might get hit, no matter how safe the car.

Front facing seats fit in pretty much any car, but I prefer the Dionos, and they fit great in both my A4 and my wife's A3.

You can legally go to forward facing seat, which is lightyears better, after one year. Pediatricians now recommend rear facing for two years, but it's not law, and my daughter is so tall that after 18 months we really didn't have much a choice in the matter, anyway; she just didn't fit backwards anymore.

convertible seats are a total friggin disaster for any sedan. They're meant for minivans. Sorry, but it's true.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

First off, congrats to you and your family! It's an exciting time and I wish you the best.

I used a Chicco Keyfit 30 in my '13 allroad when my son was born, and it fit pretty well in the back seat (passenger side). When we moved up to a convertible seat, we bought the Recaro Performance Ride convertible seat (also behind passenger seat). Getting my son into the Recaro required some nifty maneuvering around the rear seat C-pillars and side bolsters of the Recraro.

I'm not sure if it's allowed, but here's a link to another forum that talks about baby seats and it does have photos.

For strollers, we have a UppaBaby Vista. It fits in the back of the allroad, without any problems, even longitudinally. With the Vista's included toddler stroller seat attached, you may need to fold in the foot rest, as well as remove the seat tray/safety bar to clear the retractable cargo cover.

We now have an Uppababy umbrella stroller (G-Lux). It's too long to fit either lengthwise or widthwise in the back, without lowering one of the fold down seats.

Last edited by BillyBob_Lee; 05-08-2014 at 12:34 PM.