A4 allroad (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 allroad, produced from 2012-present

BLOG/PICS - 2013 Audi Allroad - Coil-overs, 20" Wheels & Other bits!

Old 06-26-2014, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BLOG/PICS - 2013 Audi Allroad - Coil-overs, 20" Wheels & Other bits!

DRIVEN: Moving ahead with my 2013 Audi Allroad

Full Blog Post HERE:
http://arijaycomet.com/2014/06/26/dr...-audi-allroad/

Over a dozen more photos and a nice little write-up. Enjoy!
Shaka
Old 06-29-2014, 05:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Great job Shaka! Excellent write up. I just bought a AR last week and I'm planning to mod it A.S.A.P. I've seen them on the forum and fell in love when modded. I already picked up some 20X9 (245/30/20) for the front and 20X10.5 (275/30/20) for the rear wheels this weekend and now I'm looking for a suspension kit. How do you like your ST coils? I am trying to decide between ST, H&R, KW or Solo Werks.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

For the past two weeks that the ST coils have been on the car I've clocked a fair share of miles (few hundred) and have been really happy with the performance and ride comfort. As you would expect with as low as my setup sits they ride firm, but I don't personally find it too harsh. Be aware that the adjustability on the STs are such that the rears could not go any higher than I have mine set without the spring spacers ST sells.

From what I understand, KW owns ST -- so the KW V1 is just the same setup I have in a more rust-free state of materials. I'm not sure about the Solo Werks or H&R offerings-- but I do know a lot of people are running S-Line OEM Avant setups quite happily. Anyhow... I am quite pleased with the ST and would definitely recommend it, but only if you want to go as low as my car is--- if you want to just cut the difference the H&R springs that re-use the stock shocks may be a good option too.
Old 06-29-2014, 01:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Shaka
For the past two weeks that the ST coils have been on the car I've clocked a fair share of miles (few hundred) and have been really happy with the performance and ride comfort. As you would expect with as low as my setup sits they ride firm, but I don't personally find it too harsh. Be aware that the adjustability on the STs are such that the rears could not go any higher than I have mine set without the spring spacers ST sells.

From what I understand, KW owns ST -- so the KW V1 is just the same setup I have in a more rust-free state of materials. I'm not sure about the Solo Werks or H&R offerings-- but I do know a lot of people are running S-Line OEM Avant setups quite happily. Anyhow... I am quite pleased with the ST and would definitely recommend it, but only if you want to go as low as my car is--- if you want to just cut the difference the H&R springs that re-use the stock shocks may be a good option too.
Appreciate your help, thanks
Old 06-30-2014, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Is your cell phone mount a Pro-Clip? Also, how did you route your extension cable from the AMI to your phone?
Old 06-30-2014, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by TREGinginCO
Is your cell phone mount a Pro-Clip? Also, how did you route your extension cable from the AMI to your phone?
Good eye! Indeed, the base and holder are ProClip USA hardware. I just looked and I'm not finding the phone-holder itself on their website. Perhaps too many people didn't like it or something? I've had it for over a year-- just moved it over to this car and got a new ISO base from them for the Allroad. Odd... but yeah, ProClip for sure.

When I routed it I used a hole in the glovebox, just above the AMI cable (See attached). My memory is going because I honestly don't recall if the hole was there already or not-- I think there was a small hole that I had to open up slightly. I'm using a USB extension cable then plugging a lightning into that. It all happens in the dash (I had to drop the glovebox to route it). Then the wire comes out, pinched ever so slightly, below the HVAC setup.

Here are some additional photos for you.

Old 06-30-2014, 04:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Great stuff ---- thank you so much. I looked on the Pro-Clip site and for the allroad it only showed a vent-mount clip. Yours looks like the A4 setup. As for the pictures and the extension cable --- that pictures are a HUUUGGEE help. You've inspired me to get off my *** and get this mod done.

Originally Posted by Shaka
Good eye! Indeed, the base and holder are ProClip USA hardware. I just looked and I'm not finding the phone-holder itself on their website. Perhaps too many people didn't like it or something? I've had it for over a year-- just moved it over to this car and got a new ISO base from them for the Allroad. Odd... but yeah, ProClip for sure.

When I routed it I used a hole in the glovebox, just above the AMI cable (See attached). My memory is going because I honestly don't recall if the hole was there already or not-- I think there was a small hole that I had to open up slightly. I'm using a USB extension cable then plugging a lightning into that. It all happens in the dash (I had to drop the glovebox to route it). Then the wire comes out, pinched ever so slightly, below the HVAC setup.

Here are some additional photos for you.

Old 06-30-2014, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by TREGinginCO
Great stuff ---- thank you so much. I looked on the Pro-Clip site and for the allroad it only showed a vent-mount clip. Yours looks like the A4 setup. As for the pictures and the extension cable --- that pictures are a HUUUGGEE help. You've inspired me to get off my *** and get this mod done.
When I pull up my car (2013 Allroad) there are two options. First is # 854263 which is indeed a vent clip, and i didn't like the location. So I opted for the second # 854063 angled mount, which is what you see here. Just remember to route all the wires first and do the install of the dash mount LAST because it is a combo of clip and adhesive action, so once it is on you cannot really easily remove the HVAC piece.

If you have any other questions or need any other photos let me know. There was a ridiculous amount of 10mm (or were they 8mm?) screws holding in the glovebox-- I want to say like 12 or something nuts... but it was otherwise super easy to drop the glovebox and route the wires. Ciao!
Old 07-01-2014, 03:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Very nice. The Allroad has made a great comeback.