Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

A3 S-Line Sport Seats

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 07:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A3 S-Line Sport Seats

Hey all, new to the forum. Just took delivery of an '08 S-Line A3 from TX to VA. ~1,400 miles in a day and a half, looking for some thoughts from fellow owners.

Bone stock except for S-Line and heated seats, but admittedly the S-Line package isn't really 'bone'...

Hips hurt. I'm 6"2', 180 lb. with a 32" waist. The car absolutely rocks but i dread getting into it every morning now despite how badly I just want to be crazy about it.

Does the body get used to these new pressure points or have I made a very expensive mistake?
Old 10-10-2008, 09:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yeah, you get used to them as they soften up from use... I've got a 36" waist too
Old 10-11-2008, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I wondered same, and had the same fear. I've had mine 2 years and regularly use

leather conditioners. Your body does adjust, and the leather softens, long-term prospects I'm happy about.

I recall saying to the parts service guy that I probably needed to loose some weight off my fat *** because the bottom bolster are rather narrow. He laughed.

I find them very supportive particulary on the upper back/shoulder area where most seats just don't have any support there at all.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

it will get better with time. Wish there was better lower lumbar support though
Old 10-11-2008, 08:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default I have an '06 A3 with the standard Premium Package..

...leather seats and I have to take my wallet out of my back pocket to sit comfortably (and I have a relatively small butt), as the side bolsters are narrow, especially compared to the A4 that I came from.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: I wondered same, and had the same fear. I've had mine 2 years and regularly use

I wish they had longer cushions, but they do break in to fit with time. As compared to breaking down and never fitting. I had my doubts at first, also having a Mercedes and a BMW my seat standards are pretty high. All 3 have different ideas on seats, but all wayyyy superior to almost anything else out there from Asia or the US.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Congrats! Where in VA are you? I'm in the Annandale/Alexandria area.

I agree w/ everyone else, give it time and let the seat get worn down a bit. You'll enjoy how the seats hug you while you drive crazily.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

You shouldn't drive w/ a wallet in your back pocket anyways, bad for your spine..just saying.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I just have pressure points on the left side bottom bolster

not sure if the seat is not aligned to the center of the steering wheel, my a$$ is crooked, or just the fact that I might not be sitting straight foward, given that my left foot could be all over the place (didn't notice it on my other car since that doesn't have sport seats).
Old 10-13-2008, 04:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: I just have pressure points on the left side bottom bolster

Agree completely regarding seating position. Sitting with my legs straight makes for a great fit with no discomfort, but sort of negates the use of the dead pedal. I like the support along the legs, but I feel like I have a wallet in each back pocket. As much as I like everything else, I'm considering selling. Only had the car a week!

Quick Reply: A3 S-Line Sport Seats