BIG TURBO KIT IS OUT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BIG TURBO KIT IS OUT!!!

VF ENGINEERING has released their version of the kit. a liitle incomplete i might add but 1500$ cheaper than the apr..
Old 09-17-2007, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: BIG TURBO KIT IS OUT!!!

I just called my guy and he is going to call Cali at noon today and order mine. He said he has dealt with them before with there supercharger kits and they sometimes advertise things that are not completely complete. Like the kit may be done but they are out of stock on one component. Anyways i will repost my status after lunch today. Good heads up... I was shocked i found it last night.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default yea but the...

reason isay so is because they are offering 350hp and apr is offering 400hp for theirs. and apr has the front mount included and everything. theres is 7k though. so i am thinking is vf's undertuned? or maybe incomplete? awe has a kit too and it looks like that will be aprs competition..
Old 09-17-2007, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: yea but the...

Just Called VF, they are in final stages of road tests and said they will have theirs ready in three to four months. Also the reason theirs is only 350 is because they recommend that you do internals to get 400.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default check out awe their

turbo kit gives out 317whp without internals done. and i believe the guy with apr told me that the kit they have also does not come with internals and gives around the same power.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: check out awe their

yeah but there kit is not out yet either. The kit from any of the manufacturers will not be ready until after they release it for the GTI which i have not seen yet. I will keep you posted. I am getting the KO4 installed monday, or tuesday with the FMIC. The guy told me that there is a program called V-tune from APR which is a computer program that controls the ECU from a laptop you can keep in your car. It is pretty cool though, check it out. If you have APR software it works, you just need to have the V-tune program installed on the chip. Ill keep you posted, im suppose to also get my car dyno'ed once its done. I will post the results.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default that woud be cool..i was..

thinking about going k04 but that gt sounds mighty tempting to wait..you should be around 270whp..i was going to run meth and mbc with the k04 to squeeze out around 300whp on pump gas. if i can get the kit for like 2500-3000$ i might just do it..how much did u pay for the k04 kit?
Old 09-18-2007, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: that woud be cool..i was..

i paid what everyone else is paying 4300. i have not scene it any lower then that anywhere. plus 1250 to install that and the intercooler which i got from Greddy (cheapest, yet best) according to my guy he said the greddy works the best and looks the best. I will def let you know what my guy can squeeze out of the KO4 kit. He said he can get a little more then you think with that v-tune program. he said he did it on a 1.8t and got way more power out of it then you would think. I will keep you posted.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default ok, the greddy fmic....

is cool. i have it..sprayed the piping black so you cant tell. its a bit of a pain to install but i managed with it. the rebar comes off. there is a kit on ebay for like 400 bux and looks almost identical to the greddy. check it out before you go with the greddy..just looking out
Old 09-19-2007, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: ok, the greddy fmic....

After a testpipe incedent on Ebay i do not buy anything off there. I rather pay the extra $$ to get something from a manufacturer thats recordable! By any chances do you know anyone that needs a APR testpipe, because the KO4 kit comes with one and i already have one installed. Let me know, ill sell it for a little less then MSRP. Ask around, i will post something on the forum.

Quick Reply: BIG TURBO KIT IS OUT!!!