Help! A4 has no power.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 06:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! A4 has no power.

A4 has no power, shuttering down the road, low fuel pressure rail code, Cam follower replaced 2000 miles ago. The low rail fuel pressure was the only code that popped up when I brought it to the garage. He suggested fuel pump or fuel pump module. I thought maybe bad gas. Put fuel injector cleaner in it but to no avail. It started out that it would only bog at like 80 mph at high rpms but now it just bogs all the time, it's barely drive-able. It seems to be holding gears in an odd way but I assume it's the computer just trying to compensate for the rest of the behavior. Now the check engine light is on as well. I read a bunch of threads where the MAF sensor was the culprit so I unplugged that and took a drive, no difference except the traction control light came on and the car idled rougher than usual. Sitting there with the radio off and the car running I could actually hear fluid moving when I would rev it up a couple of times. The manual says when the EPC light comes on there's an electrical problem would that rule out the fuel pump(s) and fuel filter and point to the fuel pump relay? Ugh this frigging car, I bought it hoping that it would be reliable but she's been pretty high maintenance with electrical problems. I should get it flowers and have a date night (run it like it's stolen) once in a while I guess. I usually drive pretty conservatively.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So all day today on three different start/drives it's just been the CEL and the cars gone fine. I'm betting the filter on the pump on the tank is filthy and unable to provide enough gas to the hpfp under load causing the car to go into limp mode. I find out tomorrow at the dealership. Fingers crossed they will just pull it and clean it and thats the only problem.