APR diverter valve

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APR diverter valve

So does anyone have the APR R1 diverter valve? And if so how does it do? There is a big difference in price between the Forge and APR one so Im trying to find some opinions/ reviews.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: APR diverter valve

Now that Im looking more closely can it even be used on a 2.0T?
Old 07-29-2007, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Stock diverter valves do not need to be replaced unless they are broken...

you will get NO performance gain from an aftermarket BPV and most FSI cars are still under warranty so you will get a free new BPV anyways should yours fail.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: Stock diverter valves do not need to be replaced unless they are broken...

But if I chip it and it goes then I wouldnt think the warrenty would cover it. So did Audi upgrade the stock diverter valve for the 08 model or are they still prone to failure when chipped? Thanks.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: Stock diverter valves do not need to be replaced unless they are broken...

Also how do you like the Milltek? Did you get the cat back or DP with highflow cat?
Old 07-31-2007, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

i had my car chipped at an Audi Dealership by my house so i would assume that since they did the work they insure that nothing will happen to your car and if it does it should be covered. I did not sign anything that said otherwise so i would not worry about the chip. The chip is well worth it eitherway... i would see if you can find a dealership that does it for peace of mind.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

That sounds good, what company is the dealer using for the chip? And they didnt say anything about replacing the DV huh? I was hoping they fixed the DV problem with the new car.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:27 PM
RDD
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I think the DV could fail even without mods if you run your car hard enough

Problem is, with the APR tuning, you will want to run your car that much harder because it's so fun.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: I think the DV could fail even without mods if you run your car hard enough

I got the APR chip from Anchor Audi in Lynbrook NY. It is well worth it. I got that combined with many other things but the chip was a noticable difference. I recommend getting the flip switch option so you can shut the chip off and on.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: My cars diverter was slowly leaking and broke last week. New one...

New DV was installed today and the car felt brand new again. The car must have had a small leak in the DV because it was sluggish even before the CEL came on. Car responds almost instantly now. I recommend an aftermarket DV as I did not even know mine was going bad.

Quick Reply: APR diverter valve