APR ECU upgrade, need feedback.

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APR ECU upgrade, need feedback.

I would to get the most out of my 2.0 TFSI without going to the extremes and not to mention damaging the engine and voiding factory warranty.

I am considering on going with the APR ECU upgrade, but am concerned with any side effects that it might produce. I would like some feedback on the upgrade from some of you that have this done.

Will the upgrade shorten the engine life, transmission life and/or damage anything else during longtime use?
Old 09-13-2007, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default not that im aware of...it..

just unleashes the beast. havent heard any issue with 6sp. your only risk is the dv valve breaking. once that happens find a way to clean your ecu because audi might inspect and void. dont believe that "hidden" feature because its crap. if they are looking specifically to find out if its chipped you are f*cked.. not to mention the voids that are in motion without the chip..ie over reving and passing 130mph will get your car voided. if your a warranty freak, id lay low because first a chip, then deals come your way and now curosity voided the warranty. but hey, thats my 2 cents man hope i helped
Old 09-13-2007, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: not that im aware of...it..

I had my car chipped at an Audi dealership, it was the APR chip so I could not believe that the dealership would do something that voids the warranty. I would check with your dealer, they would know. I mean so many people upgrade the chip. Call APR thats another route. You can ask them if the chip would void the warranty. Thats my understanding of it.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: not that im aware of...it..

If you are really worried about your warranty, do NOT chip your car. While it is highly unlikely that you will ever have to deal with powertrain damage that is a result of any reflashing, the burden to get Audi to administer their warranty on an modified car will fall on you should something break.

That said, mine is flashed with the APR software. I took my car in for it's first service and I guess there was an ECU update because mine came back without the reprogramming. The dealer said nothing. Went back to my APR dealer, reflashed it back again. No issues.

When all is said and done, for ME, it's worth the risk. That's not the case for everyone.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default It shouldnt cause any measurable amount of reduced longevity...

assuming normal expected vehicle life. It may technically cause more strain on components but similar chip upgrades in europe are covered by warranty and shown to produce no different reliability versus stock over the course of 100K miles.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

and especially DO NOT let your dealership flash your car since they now have a record of it.