Ok I tried photobucket for 2.5 hours this morning and NO WAY I'm gonna do that!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 05:38 AM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ok I tried photobucket for 2.5 hours this morning and NO WAY I'm gonna do that!!

First they wanted my personal name and phone number which I don't think is any of their business! Took 20 minutes just to find a screenname that wasn't taken and couldn't get ANYTHING remotely close to Audi-related. So I made up a fictitious personal name and phone number and just typed in random letters for an account name/screenname.

Tried uploading 20 photos and right off the bat 2 of them froze/locked my computer COMPLETELY... that's NEVER even once happened here with the AW pic poster! Had to do a hard power-down to shut the computer off and re-boot... TWICE!! Cntl/Alt/Delete was nothing more than a 3-finger exercise in futility! Couldn't use the HTML crap once I got a pic uploaded to get text assigned to the picture. 2.5 hours is MORE than enough of an attempt to convince me I was right all along, ie; PhotoBucket is DEFINATELY harder and MORE work than the AW pic poster!

Then spent another 20 minutes trying to figure out how to delete the account and pictures I managed to upload. I fought with it tooth & nail and HATED it EVERY step of the way!

Most pissed off I've EVER allowed a site to get me! Nope, aint gonna happen, no how, no way PERIOD!!! I don't wanna be asked if I did "this or that." I don't want to be told "well ya shoulda tried this or that!" If I can't figure it out on my own then that's enough to convince me it is NOT "the same" or "super easy" as I was led to believe! The topic is no longer open for discussion as it relates to me trying PhotoBucket! BTDT, hated EVERY 150 friggin minutes of it!!
Old 02-05-2009, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hated trying to use photobucket... real PITA... Try picasa via google...

all you need is a gmail account (I have invites if you need one) and it gives you a gig of pix. You download the picasa downloader and it makes uploading a breeze. It resizes everything for you, so you don't have to fight w/ resizing things then uploading them... and it's free to boot!

I'd say give that a go and see how it treats ya.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default LOL, way to start the mornin'. I never liked photobucket personally...

But I've had my own unlimited webspace for about 10 years, so I've been out of the "free webspace" game for a while now
Old 02-05-2009, 07:49 AM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

Default It'll be a cold day in hell before I buy into another "exactly the same/super easy"...

picture hosting site BS again! From here on it's "go-with-what-I-know" and NOTHING else! And if that doesn't please some then it's just NOT "my" problem!

I'll continue to do the work, post the pics but I'm NEVER going to be able to "please ALL the people ALL the time"... I know better... was stupid to even try!
Old 02-05-2009, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

wow that sucks.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default ah come on, Mance... you're not THAT old of a dog that you won't learn new tricks :)

hehe... I kid I kid
Old 02-05-2009, 08:16 AM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

LOL... hide-n-watch! ;-)
Old 02-05-2009, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Stick to what you do best and let someone else be the secretary!

I applaud edigreg's efforts to archive much of the material. Should a more formal approach be discussed here?
Old 02-05-2009, 09:36 AM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

Default S'what I've tried to get across here for years! But some ALWAYS want MORE! Aint gonna happen!

As Ed said below, "Catch 22/sounds like a broken record." I keep telling people what I'm willing to do and they keep asking me to do MORE. I've yet to find the path for doing "more" in exactly the "same" or "less" amount of time. They're mutually exclusive! This is at least the 4th time its come up that I can remember so I decided to try this time. Well, it's nowhere NEAR as easy, let alone "easier" nor was it as-fast/faster nor was it painless nor as convenient as what I've always done and what I'll continue to do. And this is flat-out the END of it!

You want more
I no give you get mad.
I give what I can
you say "not enough"
I get mad.
Far better YOU get mad!
Old 02-05-2009, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default In lieu of archiving your photos, I've noticed that you're usually more than willing to reiterate

the info that the photos would have conveyed, esp if the one asking has clearly searched.

We all thank you for your efforts here.

Quick Reply: Ok I tried photobucket for 2.5 hours this morning and NO WAY I'm gonna do that!!