MAF Sensor voltage?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 06:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAF Sensor voltage?

I'm wondering if anyone knows the normal/proper voltage that the MAF sensor is supposed to give out? Also if anyone normal operating voltage for the crank-position sensor? I'm having a misfire and I'm trying to determine the cause.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

MAF isnt going to cause a miss. And really its impossible to get a proper range from it, as engine running conditions, ambient conditions, elevation, ect will make the readings different. If its missing. Plugs, wires, coils, Power output stage for the coils, or injectors, or mechanical problem, low compression, burned valve. Figure out which cylinders are missing and go from there
Old 12-24-2011, 11:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Prospeeder
MAF isnt going to cause a miss. And really its impossible to get a proper range from it, as engine running conditions, ambient conditions, elevation, ect will make the readings different. If its missing. Plugs, wires, coils, Power output stage for the coils, or injectors, or mechanical problem, low compression, burned valve. Figure out which cylinders are missing and go from there
Well I have replaced my plugs and coils. I replaced my injectors and a connector for the coil pack that had melted. I have been dealing with this for the past month. And I had the compression checked and it was normal. I think I'm just gonnamtake it to the dealer. Thanks formthenhelp though !
Old 12-24-2011, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well if your connectors are bad, or the spark plugs are the wrong type or really worn out. They will just continue to destroy ignition coil after ignition coil. I would start with a fresh set of NGK, DEnso, Bocshe, OE VW spark plugs and replace all 4 ignition coil connectors and the failed coils and go from there.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

vacume leak on the upper manifold. the injectors and coil can be tested with an easy ohm tester. they should all read the same. an uncorked compression test on the missing cylinder... and then another will tell you if you have a bad valve. my guess is the manifold leak which is quite common.